Book event tickets with rewards
This message contains links to products of our advertisers, and we may be compensated when you click on these links. Our recommendations and advice are our own and have not been reviewed by any of the issuers listed. Terms apply to offers listed on this page. Read our editorial standards.
- Capital One will launch its latest platform – Capital One Entertainment – on March 24, 2022.
- You can buy tickets for concerts, theater performances, sporting events, etc.
- You can redeem Capital One rewards for cheap seats – and some events can only be redeemed with rewards.
- Read the Insider’s guide to the best Capital One credit cards.
Capital One has its fingers in almost every flavor of the financial cake. It has a proprietary travel portal; it offers an extremely useful shopping portal; just a few weeks ago, it launched an intuitive restaurant platform. All of these tools offer useful features that you won’t find from its competitors.
On March 24, Capital One’s finger will penetrate yet another lattice crust. The last compote: Entertainment reservations.
Capital One Entertainment will help cardholders gain access to sports, dining, music and other events. You can even redeem rewards for free tickets and exclusive experiences.
Here’s what you need to know.
Capital One Entertainment
16.99% – 23.99% variable
Recommended credit score
16.99% – 23.99% variable
Recommended credit score
- Excellent welcome bonus and earning miles
- Premium benefits including airport lounge access and statement credits
- Visa Infinite benefits including travel and purchase protections
- High annual fees
- Annual Travel Statement Credits only apply to Capital One Travel purchases
Read our review
- Earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening, equivalent to $750 on travel
- Receive up to $300 per year in statement credits for bookings through Capital One Travel, where you’ll get Capital One’s best prices on thousands of options
- Get 10,000 bonus miles (equivalent to $100 to travel) every year, starting on your first birthday
- Earn unlimited 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on all other purchases
- Escape the airport crowds and recharge your batteries before your flight with unlimited access to all-inclusive amenities at Capital One Lounge and more than 1,300 Priority Pass lounges worldwide
- Receive up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®
- Use your Venture X miles to easily cover travel expenses, including flights, hotels, rental cars and more – you can even transfer your miles to your choice of over 15 travel loyalty programs
Capital One’s new platform is powered by Vivid Seats, a site where you can book tickets for events such as:
- Concerts and music festivals
- Broadway shows
- Major Sporting Events
- Circus of the Sun
- stand up comedy
Capital One Entertainment aims to improve this experience – you will now be able to redeem your rewards for free entry to over 500,000 events.
Exclusively for Capital One Venture X Rewards credit cardholders, Capital One is also creating premium packages for upcoming events that you can book with miles. For example, here are some ticket packages that you can “purchase” for 100,000 miles:
- NCAA Men’s Final Four Weekend in New Orleans (April 1-4, 2022): Includes two suite seats, passes to Capital One JamFest and the Men’s Final Four Fan Fest presented by Capital One.
- iHeartCountry Festival in Austin (May 7, 2022): Includes premium tickets and access to a sound check with headliner Thomas Rhett.
Capital One says other exclusive experiences will continue to be added, “including events like iHeartRadio Music Festival, Capital One Orange Bowl, College Football National Championship, James Beard Foundation Events, Culinary Events of the MICHELIN Guide, and more.”
How do rewards through Capital One Entertainment work?
Capital One awards two different currencies when using its rewards credit cards:
- Cash back
- Capital One miles
Regardless of the currency you trade, you will receive a flat rate through Capital One Entertainment. Redeeming $100 in cash will appropriately earn you $100 in value.
However, Capital One miles are only worth 0.8 cents each. For the same $100 discount, you’ll need to redeem 12,500 miles. This is not a good way to redeem your miles. You can receive a value of 1 cent per mile when you use them to offset travel purchases. And you can get much more value than that when transferring to Capital One travel partners. Insider estimates that Capital One miles are worth an average of 1.7 cents when redeemed this way.
Read more: How to earn, redeem and maximize Capital One miles
The ability to redeem Capital One Rewards through Capital One Entertainment is more than just a convenience; for some packages, it is a necessity.
Some experiences listed on Capital One Entertainment may only be booked with rewards (usually the more elaborate packages). Other packages can be purchased with a mix of cash and rewards. The conditions of each package will be clearly indicated on the site.
Also note that holders of the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards credit card and the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards credit card will earn 8% cash back through Capital One Entertainment.
At the end of the line
Capital One once again offers a unique look to a tired idea. Capital One Entertainment Reservations lets you book theater, concert, and sports tickets, among other events, but it also creates special itineraries for holders of select Capital One credit cards. Some packages can only be booked with Capital One Rewards.
Read our guide to earning and using Capital One miles if Capital One Entertainment seems to be helpful to you.