Here’s a reminder of what’s happening in town this weekend. The current forecast is for rain not to start until tomorrow’s outdoor events. And it should be finished before the Easter morning sunrise service.
If you are looking for details on Easter Services at City ChurchesClick here.
Saturday, April 16, 2022
- Self-guided walk for Planet Palooza (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.) @ Breakneck Hill: The public is invited to explore the trails at Conservation Land. Members of the stewardship committee will be there to discuss. (The Easter Eve event is titled “You’ve heard of the Easter Bunny, but are there fairies in Breakneck Hill?“.) For more details, see my article dedicated to the events of Planet Palooza.
- read to a dog (11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.) @ Southborough Library: Children preferably aged 5+ with some reading ability will read to Bear, a certified therapy dog. Please register in the children’s room for a time slot.
- Easter egg hunt (10:00 a.m.) @ St Mark’s School grounds (corner of routes 30 & 85): (Postponed from April 9 due to rain.) The community of Southborough is invited to a free egg hunt. The festivities begin with photos being taken of children visiting the Easter Bunny. At 11:30 a.m. the hunt begins – including for the golden eggs to receive a prize basket. For more details, see the dedicated post.
- Cooking Book Club (1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.) @ Southborough Library Lawn: Participants choose a dish from their favorite cookbook and bring it to enjoy on the library lawn. All ages and partners are welcome. For more details, see the dedicated post.
Sunday, April 17, 2022
- Easter Sunrise Services (6:30 a.m.) @ Hopkinton State Park: United Parishes of Southborough invites everyone to participate in the Easter Morning Sunrise Service. (In the event of inclement weather, the service will be held at First Community Church, 137 Southville Road.)